Monday, November 22, 2010

Inspired by markets, wedding invitations and loads of frames.... (part one)

So I think this one is going to be a long post! It has been a while since I posted on here last. Life has been so busy lately and the fact that I couldn't work out how to get the photos off my phone has resulted in the delay of the post. (I had to split the post in two as it wouldn't take all my photos!)

I am not sure where to start but perhaps I will with markets. October 24th saw me at my first ever Thread Den market. I have often visited the market and very excited to get a stall for the first time. This particular market coincided with the Spring Fling Festival in the street and went for 7 hours! Yes it was a very long day and having the flu didn't make it very enjoyable but I soldiered on. Lots of frames and cards were sold and I look forward to my second market in December.
November 7th saw me at the Monkey Market in Brighton. This is a new market and only its second one. Lots of mothers group mothers and children visiting and I am sure it is only going to get bigger and better. Here is a photo of my stall below.
Last weekend I was part of the final Maribyrnong Makers Market for the year. This is definitely my favourite market. I love the atmosphere of it and the locals certainly come out in large numbers. This November market is spread across two venues. I had a stall at the church along with about 40 other stall holders and then there was another 35 up the road at the park. I never got a chance to venture up there, or around the church site in fact as I was too busy! Here is a photo of my stall setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy