Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Inspired by Mathildas...

I had the privilege of having a stall at the Mathildas Market on August 21st. For those that haven't heard of it, it is a baby and kids market where the stall holders are carefully picked to ensure a high quality of products are sold. I was very nervous in the lead up and worked hard on improving my stall and the visual appeal. As the photos show, I have added signage to the stall that hangs above the table. I was so happy with how it looked and I must thank my darling husband for drilling all the holes and getting it all sort for me.
So the day started off well with lots of eager shoppers through the door and wanting to get the free shopping bag. For the next 4 hours, there was a constant flow of people stopping to say hi and look at the frames. Two frames were ordered and collected by a gentleman who came with his two young daughters as his wife was away. He read about the market and thought he would check it out. I said it was very daring to venture out and battle the pram traffic at the market but he thought it was easy... well until he looked down and he was minus one child in the pram, and off he went! There were so many pregnant people checking out what was on offer for when their little baby arrives. One customer was so wanting a frame as she new the sex of the baby. Although she hadn't confi
rmed the name of it, she still purchased one and I said I would be happy to send the letters to her when the name was decided!
So overall I was happy with my first time there. I was amongst so many experienced and well known stallholders and was a little overwhelmed at first but I made it through the day. A big thanks must go out to my dear friend Rhiannon. I asked her to come at the start to just in case I needed anything and she stood by me for the whole 4 hours! Well, I did send her off for a coffee run and although I told her to leave her purse at home, she ventured out and did some shopping at other stalls! Having this stall here meant a lot for me and I appreciated having a friend turn up to show some support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy